I take refuge with Allaah, the Exalted, from the accursed devil.
بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَـنِ الرَّحِيمِ
Bismillah-ir-Rahman-ir-Raheem: In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful.
Welcome to my blog and praise the Magnificent Lord as you enter: Allahu Akbar: Allah is the Greatest .
May the Peace and Blessings of Allah Azza wa Jal, our Lord Glorified and Praised be He, be upon our beloved Prophet, his Family, and Companions.
The believer among the people of the Fir`awn (Pharoah) speaks to his people.
وَقَالَ الَّذِى ءَامَنَ يقَوْمِ اتَّبِعُونِ أَهْدِكُـمْ سَبِيـلَ الرَّشَـادِ
(38. And the man who believed said: “O my people! Follow me, I will guide you to the way of right conduct.”)
يقَوْمِ إِنَّمَا هَـذِهِ الْحَيَوةُ الدُّنْيَا مَتَـعٌ وَإِنَّ الاٌّخِرَةَ هِىَ دَارُ الْقَـرَارِ
(39. “O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but an enjoyment, and verily, the Hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.”)
مَنْ عَمِـلَ سَـيِّئَةً فَلاَ يُجْزَى إِلاَّ مِثْلَهَا وَمَنْ عَمِـلَ صَـلِحاً مِّن ذَكَـرٍ أَوْ أُنْثَى وَهُوَ مُؤْمِنٌ فَأُوْلَـئِكَ يَدْخُلُونَ الْجَنَّةَ يُرْزَقُونَ فِيهَا بِغَيْرِ حِسَابٍ
(40. “Whoever does an evil deed, will not be requited except the like thereof; and whosoever does a righteous deed, whether male or female and is a true believer, such will enter Paradise, where they will be provided therein without limit.”)
Surah 40 Al Ghafir Verse 38-40
Tafsir Ibn Kathir
This believer said to his people who persisted in their rebellion and transgression, and preferred the life of this world:
(O my people! Follow me, I will guide you to the way of right conduct.) This is in contrast to the false claim of Fir`awn:
(and I guide you only to the path of right policy.) Then he sought to make them shun this world which they preferred to the Hereafter, and which had prevented them from believing in the Messenger of Allah, Musa, peace be upon him. He said:
(O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but an enjoyment,) meaning, it is insignificant and fleeting, and soon it will diminish and pass away.
(and verily, the Hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.) means, the abode which will never end and from which there will be no departure, which will be either Paradise or Hell. Allah says:
(Whosoever does an evil deed, will not be requited except the like thereof;) means, one like it.
(and whosoever does a righteous deed, whether male or female and is a true believer, such will enter Paradise, where they will be provided therein without limit.) means, the reward cannot be enumerated, but Allah will give an immense reward without end. And Allah is the Guide to the straight path.
وَيقَوْمِ مَا لِى أَدْعُوكُـمْ إِلَى النَّجَوةِ وَتَدْعُونَنِى إِلَى النَّارِ
(41. “And O my people! How is it that I call you to salvation while you call me to the Fire!”)
– تَدْعُونَنِى لاّكْـفُرَ بِاللَّهِ وَأُشْرِكَ بِهِ مَا لَيْسَ لِى بِهِ عِلْمٌ وَأَنَاْ أَدْعُوكُمْ إِلَى الْعَزِيزِ الْغَفَّارِ
(42. “You invite me to disbelieve in Allah, and to join partners in worship with Him of which I have no knowledge; and I invite you to the Almighty, the Oft-Forgiving!”)
لاَ جَرَمَ أَنَّمَا تَدْعُونَنِى إِلَيْهِ لَيْسَ لَهُ دَعْوَةٌ فِى الدُّنْيَا وَلاَ فِى الاٌّخِرَةِ وَأَنَّ مَرَدَّنَآ إِلَى اللَّهِ وَأَنَّ الْمُسْرِفِينَ هُمْ أَصْحَـبُ النَّارِ
(43. “La Jarama, you call me to one that does not have a claim in this world or in the Hereafter. And our return will be to Allah, and the transgressors, they shall be the dwellers of the Fire!”)
فَسَتَذْكُرُونَ مَآ أَقُولُ لَكُـمْ وَأُفَوِّضُ أَمْرِى إِلَى اللَّهِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ بَصِيرٌ بِالْعِبَادِ
(44. “And you will remember what I am telling you, and my affair I leave it to Allah. Verily, Allah is the All-Seer of (His) servants.”)
فَوقَاهُ اللَّهُ سَيِّئَاتِ مَا مَكَـرُواْ وَحَاقَ بِـَالِ فِرْعَوْنَ سُوءُ الْعَذَابِ
(45. So, Allah saved him from the evils that they plotted (against him), while an evil torment encompassed Fir`awn’s people.)
النَّارُ يُعْرَضُونَ عَلَيْهَا غُدُوّاً وَعَشِيّاً وَيَوْمَ تَقُومُ السَّاعَةُ أَدْخِلُواْ ءَالَ فِرْعَوْنَ أَشَدَّ الْعَذَابِ
(46. The Fire, they are exposed to it, morning and afternoon. And on the Day when the Hour will be established (it will be said to the angels): “Admit Fir`awn’s people into the severest torment!”)
Surah 40 Al Ghafir Verse 41-46
Tafsir Ibn Kathir
The Conclusion of the Believer’s Words, and the ultimate Destiny of both Parties.
That believer said: `Why do I call you to salvation, which is the worship of Allah alone with no partner or associate, and belief in His Messenger, whom He has sent,’
(while you call me to the Fire! You invite me to disbelieve in Allah, and to join partners in worship with Him of which I have no knowledge;) means, on the basis of ignorance, with no proof or evidence.
(and I invite you to the Almighty, the Oft-Forgiving!) means, with all His might and pride, He still forgives the sin of the one who repents to Him.
(La Jarama, you call me to one) They say it means, “Truly.” As-Suddi and Ibn Jarir said that the meaning of His saying:
(La jarama) means “Truly.” Ad-Dahhak said:
(La Jarama) means, “No lie.” `Ali bin Abi Talhah and Ibn `Abbas said:
(La Jarama) means, “Indeed, the one that you call me to of idols and false gods
(that does not have a claim in this world or in the Hereafter).” Mujahid said, “The idols that do not have anything.” Qatadah said, “This means that idols possess no power either to benefit or to harm.” As-Suddi said, “They do not respond to those who call upon them, either in this world or in the Hereafter.” This is like the Ayah:
(And who is more astray than one who calls on besides Allah, such as will not answer him till the Day of Resurrection, and who are unaware of their calls to them And when the people are gathered, they will become their enemies and deny their worship.) (46:5-6)
(If you invoke them, they hear not your call; and if they were to hear, they could not grant it to you) (35:14).
(And our return will be to Allah,) means, in the Hereafter, where He will reward or punish each person according to his deeds. He says:
(and the transgressors, they shall be the dwellers of the Fire!) meaning, they will dwell therein forever, because of their great sin, which is associating others in worship with Allah.
(And you will remember what I am telling you,) means, `you will come to know the truth of what I enjoined upon `you and forbade you to do, the advice I gave you and what I explained to you. You will come to know, and you will feel regret at the time when regret will be of no avail.’
(and my affair I leave it to Allah.) means, `I put my trust in Allah and seek His help, and I renounce you utterly.’
(Verily, Allah is the All-Seer of (His) servants.) means, He knows all about them, may He be exalted and sanctified, and He guides those who deserve to be guided and sends astray those who deserve to be sent astray; His is the perfect proof, utmost wisdom and mighty power.
(So Allah saved him from the evils that they plotted,) means, in this world and in the Hereafter; in this world, Allah saved him along with Musa, peace be upon him, and in the Hereafter (He will admit him) to Paradise.