I take refuge with Allaah, the Exalted, from the accursed devil.
بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَـنِ الرَّحِيمِ
Bismillah-ir-Rahman-ir-Raheem: In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful.
Welcome to my blog and praise the Magnificent Lord as you enter: Allahu Akbar: Allah is the Greatest .
May the Peace and Blessings of Allah Azza wa Jal, our Lord Glorified and Praised be He, be upon our beloved Prophet, his Family, and Companions.
Allah, the Exalted and the Praised, sent Prophets Musa and Prophet Harun, peace be upon them, to Fir’`awn and his chiefs.
ثُمَّ بَعَثْنَا مِن بَعْدِهِمْ مُّوسَى وَهَـرُونَ إِلَى فِرْعَوْنَ وَمَلَئِهِ بِآيَـتِنَا فَاسْتَكْبَرُواْ وَكَانُواْ قَوْماً مُّجْرِمِينَ
(75. Then after them We sent Musa and Harun to Fir`awn and his chiefs with Our Ayat. But they behaved arrogantly and were a people who were criminals.)
فَلَمَّا جَآءَهُمُ الْحَقُّ مِنْ عِندِنَا قَالُواْ إِنَّ هَـذَا لَسِحْرٌ مُّبِينٌ
(76. So when came to them the truth from Us, they said: “This is indeed clear magic.”)
– قَالَ مُوسَى أَتقُولُونَ لِلْحَقِّ لَمَّا جَآءَكُمْ أَسِحْرٌ هَـذَا وَلاَ يُفْلِحُ السَّـحِرُونَ
(77. Musa said: “Say you (this) about the truth when it has come to you Is this magic But the magicians will never be successful.”)
قَالُواْ أَجِئْتَنَا لِتَلْفِتَنَا عَمَّا وَجَدْنَا عَلَيْهِ ءابَاءَنَا وَتَكُونَ لَكُمَا الْكِبْرِيَآءُ فِى الاٌّرْضِ وَمَا نَحْنُ لَكُمَا بِمُؤْمِنِينَ
(78. They said: “Have you come to us to turn us away from that we found our fathers following, and that you two may have greatness in the land We are not going to believe you two!”)
Surah 10 Yunus Verse 75-78
Tafsir ibn Kathir
The Story of Musa and Fira`wn.
(Then after them We sent ) meaning ofter these Messengers,
(Musa and Harun to Fir`awn and his chiefs,) meaning his people
(with Our Ayat.) meaning; `Our proofs and evidences.’
(But they behaved arrogantly, and were a people who were criminals.) meaning they were too arrogant to follow the truth and submit to it, and they were criminals.
(So, when came to them the truth from us, they said: “This is indeed clear magic.”) They were as if they gave an oath that what they had said was the truth. But they knew that what they were saying was a mere lie. As Allah said:
(And they belied them wrongfully and arrogantly, though they themselves were convinced thereof. )(27:14) Musa criticized them saying:
(“Say you (this) about the truth when it has come to you Is this magic But the magicians will never be successful.” They said: “Have you come to us to turn us away…)
(from that we found our fathers following) their religion.
(and that you two may have…)
(greatness) means grandeur and leadership
(…in the land, We are not going to believe you two!”)